Though stuffing is most popular around Thanksgiving time, this amazingly delicious and healthful recipe for cauliflower stuffing is a great dish to enjoy any time of year!
The star of this recipe, cauliflower, is a fantastic cruciferous vegetable that’s bursting with nutritional goodness and health benefits. For example:
1. Fights cancer.
Cauliflower contains a sulfur compound called “sulforaphane” that has been shown to kill cancer stem cells and slow tumor growth. This is a big deal, since some researchers believe eliminating cancer stem cells may be the key to controlling cancer.
2. Combats inflammation.
Inflammation can lead to significant damage to the body and lead to diseases like cancer. Cauliflower contains loads of anti-inflammatory nutrients like indol-3-carbinol (also known as “I3C”) to help keep inflammation in-check and help prevent disease.
3. Loaded with vitamins and minerals.
One serving of cauliflower contains 77% of the recommended daily value of vitamin C. It’s also a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium and manganese. BOOM!
4. Boosts brain health.
Cauliflower is a good source of choline, a B vitamin known for its role in brain development. Choline is believed to protect your brain from toxins and diminish age-related memory decline.
5. Supports detoxification.
Cauliflower contains antioxidants and sulfur-containing nutrients that naturally stimulate detox activities within the body.
6. Helps digestion.
Cauliflower is an important source of dietary fiber, which is key for digestive health. But that’s not all. Research shows that the sulforaphane in cauliflower can help protect the lining of your stomach by preventing the overgrowth of harmful bacteria in your gut.
7. Bursting with antioxidants & phytonutrients.
Eating cauliflower is like winning the antioxidant and phytonutrient lottery! It’s packed with vitamin C, beta-carotene, kaempferol, quercetin, rutin, cinnamic acid and much more.
Antioxidants are nature’s way of protecting your cells from free radicals, which are caused by things like air pollutants and chronic stress. If you don’t have an adequate supply of antioxidants in your body to help fight free radicals, you can be at risk of issues like tissue and organ damage.
THE RECIPE: CAULIFLOWER STUFFING
- 1 large head of organic cauliflower, finely chopped into small pieces
- 4 organic celery stalks, diced into small pieces
- 2 large organic carrots, peeled & diced into small pieces
- 1 organic yellow onion, diced into small pieces
- 3/4 cup of organic vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 4 tablespoons of organic parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of organic rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of organic sage, chopped
- Himalayan pink salt & organic black pepper to taste
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery, carrots and onion. Sauté until soft.
- Add the cauliflower to the pan and season it with the salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until the cauliflower is tender.
- Add the parsley, rosemary, sage and broth to the pan. Stir until everything is well combined and heated throughout.
- Cover the pan tightly with a lid and remove it from the heat.
- Let the pan sit for 10-15 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork and enjoy!
Cheers to enjoying a clean stuffing that’s nutritionally-satisfying and delicious!
With love and gratitude,
DISCLOSURE: Many of the links above are affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission – at no additional cost to you – if you purchase a product through them. (Click here to view my full Disclaimer & Disclosure statement.) This helps me continue providing FREE information to help you live a fit and fabulous life without busting your bank account. Thanks for your support!