Want to get a load of disease-fighting antioxidants, protein, fiber and healthy fat in one delicious sweet treat?
Give these yummy chickpea clusters a try!
They only require 4 plant-based ingredients and ZERO baking time. SCORE!
CHOCOLATE CHICKPEA CLUSTERS
~ Makes 12 Clusters ~
- 1.5 cups of cooked chickpeas (AKA garbanzo beans) OR a 15-ounce can, drained & rinsed
Option 1 for the chocolate sauce:
- 1 cup of organic cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of of pure organic maple syrup
Option 2 for the chocolate sauce:
1 cup of semi-sweet, dairy-free chocolate chips (My go-to brands for high-quality chocolate are Hu, Equal Exchange and Enjoy Life.)
- Lay the chickpeas out on a clean dish towel or paper towel to dry. You’ll need to pat them a few times to help remove the moisture.
- Line a large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Chocolate sauce option 1: In a small saucepan on the stovetop, melt the coconut oil over medium heat and whisk in the cacao powder. Continue whisking until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Turn the heat off and whisk in the maple syrup to complete the chocolate sauce. Chocolate sauce option 2: In a small saucepan on the stovetop, melt the chocolate chips over medium heat stirring constantly until a smooth and creamy sauce forms. Remove from the heat immediately.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the dried chickpeas and chocolate sauce together until the chickpeas are evenly coated with chocolate.
- On the lined baking sheet, drop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture to form a cluster. Repeat for a total of 12 clusters, placing them at least an inch apart.
- Put the baking sheet in the freezer for an hour to “set” the clusters and ENJOY!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Here’s a look at the clusters ready to go in the freezer:
Here’s a look at the delicious finished product. They taste amazing!
Cheers to enjoying a delicious chocolate treat that’s loaded with healthful goodness!
With love and gratitude,
DISCLOSURE: Any links above may be affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission – at no additional cost to you – if you purchase a product through them. (Click here to view my full Disclaimer & Disclosure statement.) This helps me continue providing FREE information to help you become a Fit Life Ninja. Thanks for your support!