Want to get a load of disease-fighting antioxidants, protein, fiber and healthy fat in one delicious sweet treat?
Give these yummy chickpea clusters a try!
They only require 4 plant-based ingredients and ZERO baking time. SCORE!
CHOCOLATE CHICKPEA CLUSTERS
~ Makes 12 Clusters ~
- A 15-ounce can of organic chickpeas or 1 & 3/4 cups of chickpeas you cook yourself
- 1 cup of organic cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of of pure organic maple syrup
- Drain the chickpeas and lay them out on a paper towel to dry. You’ll need to pat them a few times to help remove the moisture.
- Line a large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan on the stovetop, melt the coconut oil over medium heat and whisk in the cacao powder. Continue whisking until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Turn the heat off and whisk in the maple syrup to complete the chocolate sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the dried chickpeas and chocolate sauce together until the chickpeas are evenly coated with chocolate.
- On the lined baking sheet, drop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture to form a cluster. Repeat for a total of 12 clusters, placing them at least an inch apart.
- Put the baking sheet in the freezer for an hour to “set” the clusters and ENJOY!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Here’s a look at the clusters ready to go in the freezer:
Here’s a look at the delicious finished product. They taste amazing!
Cheers to enjoying a delicious chocolate treat that’s loaded with healthful goodness!
With love and gratitude,
DISCLOSURE: Any links above may be affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission – at no additional cost to you – if you purchase a product through them. (Click here to view my full Disclaimer & Disclosure statement.) This helps me continue providing FREE information to help you become a Fit Life Ninja. Thanks for your support!