I love taking a “treat” that’s terrible for your health and turning it into a healthified version that honors your wellness.
These crunchy plant-based chocolate bars are a great example! They take a popular treat – Crunch bars – and turn them into a delicious goodie that supports your health.
Better yet, you only need 4 plant-based ingredients to make them and they require ZERO baking time. SCORE!
Let’s dig in…
CHOCOLATE CRUNCH BARS
~ Makes 1 Large Bar~
- 1/2 cup of crispy rice cereal
Option 1 for the chocolate sauce:
- 1/2 cup of organic cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of pure organic maple syrup
Option 2 for the chocolate sauce:
1 cup of semi-sweet, dairy-free chocolate chips (My go-to brands for high-quality chocolate are Hu, Equal Exchange and Enjoy Life.)
- Chocolate sauce option 1: In a small saucepan on the stovetop, melt the coconut oil over medium heat and whisk in the cacao powder. Continue whisking until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Turn the heat off and whisk in the maple syrup. Chocolate sauce option 2: In a small saucepan on the stovetop, melt the chocolate chips over medium heat stirring regularly until a smooth creamy sauce is formed. Remove from the heat immediately.
- Add the crispy rice to the chocolate sauce and mix well.
- Grab a square dish that’s about the size of 2 large candy bars (see the photo below). Line the dish with unbleached parchment paper, pour the mixture in and spread it out evenly. You could also use candy molds to make individual crunchy chocolate pieces.
- Put the dish or candy molds in the freezer for at least 10 minutes to let the chocolate set and ENJOY!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Here’s a look at the mixture ready to go in the freezer:
Here’s a look at the delicious finished product. It tastes amazing!
Cheers to enjoying delicious chocolate crunch bars that honor your health!
With love and gratitude,
DISCLOSURE: Any links above may be affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission – at no additional cost to you – if you purchase a product through them. (Click here to view my full Disclaimer & Disclosure statement.) This helps me continue providing FREE information to help you become a Fit Life Ninja. Thanks for your support!