As someone who exercises intensely, I am no stranger to sore muscles and the occasional back strain.
One of my favorite ways to relax, relieve pain and soothe sore muscles is by taking a hot bath with just the right concoction of natural elements to make the magic happen.
If you have back pain, headaches, muscle soreness or other physical discomfort, you gotta give this amazing relaxation bath formula a try!
Here’s all you need to create a soothing bath:
- 1 cup of epsom salt AKA magnesium sulfate (I get mine in bulk HERE.)
- 1/2 cup of pure baking soda AKA sodium bicarbonate (I use this brand.)
- 5 drops of peppermint essential oil (I get mine HERE.)
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil (I get mine HERE.)
- 3 drops of rosemary essential oil (I get mine HERE.)
- Start filling your bathtub with hot water. When it’s about 1/4 of the way full, dump all the ingredients into the water.
- Carefully step into the tub and mix the ingredients around with your feet until everything is fully dissolved.
- Sit down into the tub and let the relaxation begin.
- Be sure to soak for at least 15 minutes to experience the full benefits of the ingredients.
GIFT IDEA: Mix the ingredients above into a glass jar with a lid and give the gift of natural relaxation and pain relief to your family and friends!
HOW THE INGREDIENTS WORK
Epsom salt is pure magnesium that is quickly absorbed through your skin for fast relief of inflammation.
Baking Soda helps flush impurities from your body.
Peppermint, lavender and rosemary essential oils combat pain, inflammation and muscle spasms.
The heat of the bath water helps you sweat to release toxins.
WAYS TO MAXIMIZE THE BENEFITS OF YOUR BATH
(1) Dry Brush
Before getting into the tub to soak, dry brush the skin on your body. This helps stimulate your body’s lymphatic system for detox.
Dry brushing also helps relieve stress and a host of other health benefits. You can read all about it HERE.
(2) Time It for Sleep
If possible, take your bath 1-2 hours before you’ll be going to bed for the night. This will help you achieve a more restful sleep.
(3) Grab a Sleep Mask
If you don’t already sleep with a blackout mask over your eyes, I cannot recommend enough that you try it.
Adding this silk blackout mask to my sleep routine has been a GAME CHANGER! It ensures no light hits my eyes while I’m sleeping.
This is important because light signals your brain to wake up and prepare for action.
Click HERE to learn why quality sleep is so important for your health.
BONUS: If you are dealing with a cold or congestion, throw 3 drops of eucalyptus essential oil into your bath mix for relief. It works well with the other ingredients.
Cheers to achieving relaxation and pain relief naturally!
With love and gratitude,
DISCLOSURE: Many of the links above are affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission – at no additional cost to you – if you purchase a product through them. (Click here to view my full Disclaimer & Disclosure statement.) This helps me continue providing FREE content to help you live a fit and fabulous life without busting your bank account. Thanks for your support!