It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the interior of my car gets absolutely filthy, just from regular use.
And I even have a “no garbage” rule, meaning no trash or random things are allowed to be left in the vehicle once it’s been vacated for the day.
Though I don’t necessarily enjoy cleaning the inside of my vehicle, there is a delicious satisfaction I feel after seeing it all clean and shiny when I’m done.
I used to be one of Armor All’s most loyal customers… until I learned about all the health-sabotaging chemicals that were in the bottle. No thanks!
So I set out to find a DIY remedy with natural ingredients that would do the trick and also smell fantastic.
I found it! And I’m super excited to share it with you here.
THE DIY FORMULA
This car interior cleaner is a snap to make! Here’s the simple formula:
- 2/3 cup of water
- 2/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 4 drops of pure liquid Castile soap (Dr. Bronner’s is my go-to brand, which you can score here on amazon.)
- 4-6 drops of essential oil (I get mine here and prefer using the Germ Fighter blend for this cleaner.)
- 16 oz. glass spray bottle (I love the Sally’s Organics brand, which you can score here on amazon in clear, amber or blue.)
- 2/3 measuring cup (Pyrex glass measuring cups like these work great!)
- Stainless steel funnel (I use these.)
- Remove the spray top from the bottle, position the funnel in the opening and pour all the ingredients inside.
- Screw the top back on tightly and shake the bottle extremely well, as the oil and water will naturally separate.
- Apply the spray liberally on any hard plastic or vinyl surfaces in your car and wipe clean with a rag. (The natural shine and clean smell is incredible!)
NOTE: You’ll want to keep shaking the bottle as you use it to keep the ingredients from separating.
Below is what the finished product looks like. You’ll be able to use the glass spray bottle over and over and over again, which helps the environment by reducing waste. SCORE!
Below are some before-and-after photos to show you how well this stuff works. Honestly, the photos don’t do it justice because I didn’t have great lighting when I took them.
And I wish there was a way I could transmit the deliciously clean smell of this spray through your screen!
BEFORE PHOTO #1
AFTER PHOTO #1
BEFORE PHOTO #2
AFTER PHOTO #2
All the ingredients in this DIY formula are things I always have in my home anyway, so it saves me TONS of money in the long run!
Cheers to enjoying a clean and fresh-smelling car interior naturally!
With love and gratitude,
DISCLOSURE: Any links above may be affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission – at no additional cost to you – if you purchase a product through them. (Click here to view my full Disclaimer & Disclosure statement.) This helps me continue providing FREE information to help you live a fit and fabulous life without busting your bank account. Thanks for your support!