If you’ve been looking for a protein-packed nugget that builds health and fights disease, look no further!
With just a few simple ingredients, you get a nice batch of plant-based nuggets that are loaded with protein, fiber and nutrients that strengthen the health of your gut, cells and immune system. And they taste sooooooo good!!!
Let’s dig in!
BAKED CHICKPEA NUGGETS
~ Makes 24 Nuggets ~
- 1 can or 1.5 cups of prepared organic chickpeas (AKA garbanzo beans)
- 1 organic yellow or red onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup of organic tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons of gluten-free organic rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon of organic garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of organic dried parsley or basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat the oven to 425° F and line a large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper. (TIP: Ditch aluminum baking pans since aluminum is a neurotoxin, and go with stainless steel baking pans instead.)
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until finely chopped and combined, but not pureed (you want a little chunk in the batter).
- Using your hands, form the batter into a ball about the size of a golf ball and then flatten into a nugget shape. Place the nugget on the lined baking pan and repeat with the rest of the batter. (You should end up with about 24 nuggets.)
- Bake for 35 minutes and remove from the oven. Allow the nuggets to cool completely and ENJOY!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Here’s a look at the nuggets fresh out of the oven:
Here’s a look at the delicious finished product. They taste so good!
Cheers to enjoying protein-packed nuggets that build health and taste amazing!
With love and gratitude,
DISCLOSURE: Any links above may be affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission – at no additional cost to you – if you purchase a product through them. (Click here to view my full Disclaimer & Disclosure statement.) This helps me continue providing FREE information to help you become a Fit Life Ninja. Thanks for your support!